Sophie is a Norland Nanny, a recently new mumma bear which she feels is her number one ‘job’ ("I LOVE it, I feel this is where I am MEANT to be!").
She runs her beautiful biz 'Spoonful of Nana' - teaching baby massage and the use of doTERRA essential oils.
"I like to empower mums and women to be able to trust their instincts".
Sophie and I went to school together. I have many memories of going to Sophie’s childhood home to get ready for our night on the town or to chill in the garden with the girls. Sophie is a Wellbeing Warrier. She is a sweet soul with a kind, kind heart. It seems clear that she has a purpose to inspire and spread the Self-Care message. Watching her grow her business and put herself out there has always inspired me, Sophie has no idea. She was also my introduction to Melissa Ambrosoni, which I am forever thankful for. Sophie is the perfect choice for my Ten Happy Questions…
1) What makes you happy?
The simple life!
By scratching away at the surface and taking away all that isn’t needed I enjoy spending time with my loved ones, long walks with the dog, smiles from my baby girl, THAT look from my other half, and the feeling I get when I’m completely where I’m meant to be!
I’ve realised when all this is in place.. I sing .. to myself, the dog, the baby! In the shower / cooking ..! 😊
2) What’s 3 things you do to take care of your wellbeing?
1. Selfcare – I am a big self care fan. It started with #selfcaresundays (Melissa Ambrosini – Mastering your mean girl) and has grown from there, whether its checking in with my self, broadening my knowledge from reading and research, preparing meals for the week or chatting to my friends. I believe if I fill my cup up I am more able to give from my overflow.
2. Move my body, whether that is from yoga, walking, running (..sex) I feel the energy either being made or the tension getting rid off, I enjoy the high it gives me!
3. Food! I thoroughly believe what you put into your body makes a massive difference to how you feel, You are fuelling your body by the energy you put into it. I’m not always on track with this one, but I do feel a lot better for paying attention and listening to myself.
3) What would you say to someone that is going through a tough time at the moment?
I would suggest they be kind to themselves.
I think when people are going through some thing tough they tend to blame themselves.
And also to look in rather then search outside. I find if I’m in a tough patch I will search outside of myself for the answer, but the moment I stop and listen I realise I had the answers all along!
4) What helps you keep your stress levels down?
I use doTERRA essential oils to balance my mood. Since discovering these oils I have worked out which I can use to help keep me levelled.
If in doubt I always find myself outside, nature is such a healer!
5) What makes you feel better when you’re sad?
A shower.. to wash it all away!
A chat to my friends
A gratitude list
6) What song makes you happy?
So many to choose from! I have a great little playlist of happy tunes!
One that I heard today and made me smile, and text my friend is Mika – Grace Kelly, reminds me of a fun time in my life, when I was at college.
7) What’s the best bit of advice you have ever been given?
To trust your instincts, that feeling you get when something comes up that you aren’t sure of.. listen to it!!
8) What book should everyone read?
100% Melissa Ambrosini ‘Mastering your Mean Girl’
9) What activity makes you forget about time?
This is a toss up between walking the dog- I could literally walk for hours without getting bored.
Or playing and watching my baby girl. After being a nanny for 10 years I feel so blessed to have her! I find myself just watching her, loving her even more, and laughing alongside her!
10) What is one thing you like about yourself?
I like that I can always find the positive in a situation.
It might take me a while to get there, I might make a mountain out of a mole hill in the process.. but I will remember to look inside of me and realise that its not all bad!
There is a good in everything.
I knew I would love Sophie’s answers and I knew they would be similar to my own thoughts. The advice to follow your instinct is something I always need to be reminded of. I’m also very inspired to learn more about essential oils, Sophie is definitely my girl for that because her passion is very obvious. Also – I couldn’t agree more with the idea of showering when you’re sad, it’s a quick fix that can change the direction of your day.
Carly Ann xx